1. As I do not fully disagree with Campbell's statement, I do not fully agree either. I think it is untrue that people can not be held as a hero. I believe that many people hold the state as a hero in modern society and like the ancient times, they are not a hero to all people and many people have different opinions. It seems to me that people find a place more in modern society. People today I feel they contribute more to society today as in the ancient times, it seemed like you were a worrier or you were just someone living in that land. In the mid evil times, you were only a hero if you were a leader or a courageous worrier. In modern society today, I have observed that the average person feels they contribute something and feel heroic. More people today feel that they alone can change part of the world. Tons of people are helping the homeless or contributing something to starving people in world because now we have the ability to do that.
2.Before there was Athens, there was Spartans and Athenians. They were both residing in Greece. The people that later came to be the people of Athens still lived in Greece. There were a bunch of tribes that came to form a democratic government to come under the rule of King Theseos. It first came to be a people's ruled government (democracy) and they formed The Athenian Constitution however, not all people had equal rights. The poor were usually enslaved to the rich. As Athens devolved, their building consisted of buildings such as common houses and city council halls. The whole land was in the hands of only a few persons. Life was pretty bitter in early Athens.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment