Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Elegy Called "Oh Goldfish"

“Oh Goldfish” by Alessio Sarraf (2010)


Oh goldfish how do you leave me swimming in empty tank, or how could you leave me hanging. The day I bought you at Pets Mart was one of the greatest days of my life. You were a very special fish, not just a regular silver or bronze fish, but you were a gold fish. The day you died was very hard and sad for me. Oh I remember the days where I would come and watch you swim in your purple tank, and how I cleaned out your tank every week with pride and happiness. Oh goldfish, I could never replace you with any other fish. You brought me joy and happiness every day. I remember how we used to watch Lakers games together, you swimming in your tank and I laying on the couch. I loved spending time with you each day, I wish I could just watch swim in your tank right now, but that is not an option. Goldfish, you were truly my best friend, and I was deeply saddened by your death, but you will always be in my heart, and I will always remember. You will be deeply missed through out the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment